I am a language buddy or mentor and have received a project code from my city or organization.
I want to learn a language and I have received a project code from my city or organization.
SOME OF OUR PROJECTS IN THE SPOTLIGHT
Since 2019 inhabitants of the Brussels municipality Sint-Joost-ten-Node practice Dutch with Flemish mentors, mostly elderly, who like to share their knowledge and experience. Via the library ‘Bib Joske’ and the primary school ‘SJAZ’ participants, both adults and youngsters, can register to the Parlangi project and enjoy vivid conversations.
In this project, together with the city of Brugge, we build bridges between native inhabitants of Brugge and foreign language speaking newcomers. Our goal: to make meaningful connections between citizens of the city and help language learners to practice Dutch.
Parlangi on Stage
Connecting French and Dutch speaking students in one on one video conversations: that’s the way the students learn each others language and culture. Building bridges between the different regions in our country is one of the main goals of this project, in collaboration with UCL and Belgium on Stage.
From October 2022 till September 2026, we help at least 100 course participants at VDAB to practice Dutch every year. A group of trained and highly motivated Parlangi mentors share their knowledge, patience, empathy, interests… with them. Learning by doing… and caring for each other! As part of this project the mentors receive the training* for free. This project is a continuation and extension of a pilot project in 2019-2020.
* See ‘Workshops‘ for more information on our Parlangi 4M training program.
These organisations have already chosen to work with us
WOULD YOU ALSO LIKE TO TEAM-UP?
We work together with local authorities, civil society organizations, schools, non-for-profit organizations, senior organizations…
Together with our partners we build bridges between people of different nationalities, cultures, generations and backgrounds.
Our goal is to stimulate language learning through social contact and to increase the quality of life of our ‘Parlangi’.
Create your social learning project
What are you looking for?
- You are a teacher and would like to connect your students to native speaking mentors.
- You work in an elderly organization and want to make sure the people you assist have meaningful social interactions.
- People in your organization need to learn a language in an efficient way.
- You want to help foreign language speaking newcomers to learn a new language. And you want to give them access to a network of native speaking mentors to support them to integrate more effectively.