Privacy Statement – Parlangi cvba – so
- Which personal data do we process and why?
- Information from the device
- Video calls
- Privacy and inappropriate behaviour
- Provision to third parties
- Storage period
- Security of the data
- Your rights regarding your data
- Change of privacy statement
The protection of your personal data and your privacy is very important for Parlangi.
In this Privacy Statement we provide clear and transparent information about what information we collect and how we handle your personal data. We do everything we can to guarantee your privacy and therefore handle the personal information you provide us with for the proper functioning of Parlangi. Parlangi complies in all cases with applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (AVG) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This means that we at least:
- process your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which you have provided us with it, as further described in this Privacy Statement;
- only collect personal data necessary for the proper functioning of Parlangi;
- you will request your express permission if we need it for the processing of your personal data;
- have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of your personal data;
- not sell personal data to third parties;
- to be aware of your rights regarding your personal data, to point this out and to respect them.
Parlangi is responsible for the processing of your personal data. If after reading this Privacy Statement you have questions about the processing of your personal data or the exercise of your rights, this can be done through the contact details below.
Your personal data are processed by Parlangi for the following purposes:
- making video connections possible;
- participation in Parlangi activities;
- contacting users and cooperatives;
- sending newsletters and other forms of communication to inform users and co-workers about Parlangi;
- processing payments, as a user of Parlangi and / or as a cooperative;
- tracking user statistics;
For the above purposes we can request, process and store the following personal data from you:
- to create a user profile that is necessary for the proper functioning of the services of Parlangi, such as:
- personal identity data: name, first name, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address;
- other personal data: mother tongue, desired languages to speak, interests, preferences;
- data for payments: amount, bank, bank account number.
- for creating a (public) profile where the data can be consulted by other users, such as photo, first name, nationality, mother tongue, other languages you speak and at which level, interests, desired language level of the conversation partner
We use the collected data only for the proper functioning of Parlangi.
We collect information from and about the device you use to access our services, including:
- hardware and software information such as IP address, device ID and type, device specific settings and features, settings and features of apps, app crashes, browser type, version and language, operating system, time zones, identifications associated with cookies or other technologies that can specifically identify your device or browser (eg IMEI / UDID and MAC address);
- information about your wireless and mobile network connection, such as your service provider and signal strength;
- information about sensors of the device such as accelerometers, gyroscopes and compasses.
The video calls that you make via Parlangi can be recorded. This way you can review the video recordings later because of didactic or other reasons. These images can only be retrieved by the users whose recordings were made and by Parlangi. These images are not distributed by Parlangi to third parties without the express written consent of the users who are recognizable in the picture.
During the video calls, also be attentive to protecting your own privacy and that of the other user (s). That is why you should never give personal details such as your full name, address and other contact details, such as e-mail address, telephone number, social media profile.
Parlangi does everything it can to guarantee the privacy of its users, but can not be held responsible for violations of the privacy legislation by users of the services of Parlangi.
We try to ensure that you can safely use Parlangi. If you nevertheless find cross-border behavior or your privacy is violated by another Parlangi user, please contact us. If necessary, measures are taken against abusers.
The creation of a profile and corresponding payment must always be done by a parent or legal representative, who also agrees with this Privacy Statement.
We can provide the data that you give to us to third parties, if this is necessary for the execution of the above described purposes.
With each of these parties, we conclude a processor agreement that includes the necessary agreements to ensure the security and confidentiality of your personal data.
Furthermore, we will not pass on the information provided by you to third parties, unless this is legally required and permitted, whether we have a legitimate interest in this. An example of this is that in the context of an investigation with permission from the public prosecutor’s office, the police will request (personal) data from us. In such a case we must cooperate and are therefore obliged to provide this information.
We may also share personal data with third parties if you expressly give us written permission for this. You have the right to refuse this permission and withdraw it at any time.
Parlangi does not store personal data longer than necessary for the purpose for which you have provided it to us or no longer than determined by law.
In concrete terms, the personal data will be stored during the entire duration of your user license, or longer if either a statutory or decree stipulates this, or the legal limitation period of any legal claim with regard to or by Parlangi justifies this.
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data and ensure their confidentiality, including measures that protect the data against infringements, loss and unlawful processing. For example, we have taken the following measures:
- All persons who can take note of your data on behalf of Parlangi are obliged to maintain their confidentiality.
- We use a username and password policy on all our systems;
- We pseudonymise / anonymize where possible / necessary and ensure the encryption of personal data if there is reason to do so;
- We back up the personal data in order to be able to recover it in the event of physical or technical incidents;
- We regularly test and evaluate our measures;
- Our employees have been informed about the importance of the protection of personal data.Your rights regarding your data
You have the right to inspect and copy the personal data relating to you. You are entitled to correction and supplementation if your details are incorrect or incomplete.
You may require that your personal data be deleted when they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or processed, when there is no longer any legitimate purpose for processing, when you return to your consent regarding the processing of certain data and the organization can not rely on another legitimate purpose for processing.
You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data if you dispute the correctness of that data or if you object to the processing of the data (see below) so that the data can only be processed with your consent, for the establishing the exercise or defence of rights before the court or for the protection of the rights of another person.
You have the right to oppose the processing of your personal data for reasons related to your particular situation, except for the personal data necessary for compliance with the contractual or legal obligations of the organization.
You can receive the personal data you have provided to us and which we process automatically, in a structured and current format.
For the processing of personal data that we have obtained on the basis of your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. The processing of this data before the withdrawal of consent remains valid.
Below this privacy statement is how you can contact us to exercise your rights.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data or about the exercise of your rights, we ask you to contact us directly. We take your complaint seriously and do everything in our power to help you.
If you do not consider Parlangi’s reaction to be adequate, you can submit a complaint to the Data Protection Authority (Privacy Commission) or the supervisory authority in the field of privacy protection.
Parlangi can change his privacy statement. We will make an announcement of this change on our website. The last change was made on February 6, 2020. Older versions of our privacy statement will be stored in our archive. Send us an e-mail if you want to consult it.
Parlangi cvba-so; firstname.lastname@example.org