FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Want to find out how the Parlangi® app works? Or how much it costs to use it?
Find the answers to these and other questions below.
We are constantly improving Parlangi Connect. To use it you will currently need:
- a PC or laptop (smartphone and tablet will be available soon)
- a good internet connection
- a wish to meet people online from other generations, cultures and nationalities
Based on your profile information you will be able to connect to:
- people who speak the language you want to learn;
- people who want to learn your native language;
- people who have the same question or offer as you.
Not literally. The best way to learn a language is to communicate with native speakers. Parlangi provides meaningful connections to practise the language you want to learn. In real situations. In real conversations. About the topics you choose. Learning is fun. Especially when you can do it together. Try to follow the five Parlangi-rules that you can find in our mission and in the video on our homepage.
When you register you get the chance to talk to friendly native speaking mentors who want to help you learn their language. On top of that you get a safe and easy to use app that respects your privacy and will not target you with advertisements or sell your user data. And as a plus you will be part of a social learning network where intrinsic motivation, kindness and learning by doing are key.
As an individual user you only pay 150€/year (excl. VAT).
If you are part of a project you can use Parlangi for free or at a reduced rate.
The app is very easy to use. After your login you can choose between three basic options:
- Chat now: Choose someone you want to talk with out of the list of other Parlangi-users.
- Schedule: Here you have an overview of all the planned conversations. If you want to schedule a new conversation, please use ‘Chat Now’.
- Preferences: Edit your profile. You will be able to connect to others that match your profile based on the information you provide. Your contact information is not visible to other users. Parlangi will use your email address to send you notifications if someone has asked you to have a chat.
That is completely up to you! You decide when and how often you connect via Parlangi. If you want to learn a language, then you will have to practise of course. Being socially active is also very healthy. And it is just a lot of fun to help each other, get to know each other, have nice conversations together and learn at the same time.
Let’s try these steps to get you going again:
- Clear your browser cache
- Check your firewall settings: allow your camera and microphone to be used
- Make sure your camera and microphone are not in use by another app
Tried everything and no magic yet? Please contact us. We will guide you step by step.
Need more help with your digital tools? Our partner Beego can assist you. Contact us for a special Parlangi reduction code.