Parlangi connects people from different generations, cultures, nationalities and backgrounds. We believe in the strength of social contact, in learning ànd in life.
Connect and learn
We connect people who want to learn a language with native language speaking mentors. We build bridges.
How do we do that? Via social contact.
Why? Because meaningful social contact:
- is the number one defining factor for a healthy life;
- facilitates (language) learning.
Parlangi (re)activates seniors by putting trust in their knowledge, life wisdom and skills. Juniors learn more effectively by using Parlangi. Learning by doing, that’s the way to make it fun and meaningful.
Parlangi is based on the theory of the American professor and linguist Stephen Krashen, who has done globally recognized research on second language acquisition.
We translated his five hypothesis into the ‘Parlangi rules’.
Following them is the best way to learn a language.
We aim for sustainability. That’s why we are building a cooperative community. Individuals as well as organizations have the opportunity to become a partner by bying one or more shares. Partners are supporters, co-owners and/or co-creators of the Parlangi network.
The sustainable development goals of the United Nations are our guideline and we are proud to focus on several of them:
- Quality education: We learn by doing and by connecting learners to people with a lot of experience, life wisdom, knowledge and skills.
- Gender equality: All people, regardless of gender, ethnicity, nationality, age or background are equal.
- Reduced inequalities: By connecting people from different backgrounds, ages, cultures and nationalities we aim for an equal society.
- Sustainable cities and communities: We have deliberately chosen for the legal structure of a cooperative venture because of its sustainable nature.
- Peace, justice and strong institutions: The best way to prevent prejudices and injustice is to connect people. Once people get to know ‘the other’ they are not afraid anymore of the unknown.
- Partnerships for the goals: We build partnerships to achieve our goals in a sustainable way.