Parlangi connects people from different generations, cultures, nationalities and backgrounds. We believe in the strenght of social contact, in learning ànd in life.
‘Connecting generations for better learning and living’
We connect juniors who want to learn a language with native language speaking seniors.
This benefits both, because social contact:
is the number one defining factor for a healthy life;
Parlangi (re)activates seniors by putting trust in their knowledge, life wisdom and skills.
Juniors learn more effectively by using Parlangi. Learning by doing, that’s the way to make it fun and meaningful’.
We aim for sustainability. That’s why we are building a cooperative venture. The users of Parlangi have the opportunity to become a member. All members can help to shape the company and enjoy the benefits of being part of a community.
The sustainable development goals of the United Nations are our guideline and we are proud to focus on several of them:
4. Quality education: We learn by doing and by connecting learners to people with a lot of experience, life wisdom, knowledge and skills.
5. Gender equality: All people, regardless of gender, ethnicity, nationality, age or background are equal.
10. Reduced inequalities: By connecting people from different backgrounds, ages, cultures and nationalities we aim for an equal society.
11. Sustainable cities and communities: We have deliberately chosen for the legal structure of a cooperative venture because of its sustainable nature.
16. Peace, justice and strong institutions: The best way to prevent prejudices and injustice is to connect people. Once people get to know ‘the other’ they are not afraid anymore of the unknown.
17. Partnerships for the goals: We build partnerships to achieve our goals in a sustainable way.